ATTENTION LICENSE HOLDERS AND MEMBERS: The deadline to renew for 2023 is December 31, 2022.
Notice to Applicants
• Submission of the online form requires payment by credit card. If you are not able to pay by credit card, please contact the PEGNL office.
• Please complete ALL sections.
• Please ensure ALL necessary supporting documents are supplied to PEGNL in the required manner.
• Applicants transferring to PEGNL from another Canadian jurisdiction must be currently registered in good standing with at least one other regulator in the country. As per PEGNL by-laws, they still need to demonstrate good character, as noted in this application.
PEGNL is required to send information to members in relation to regulatory matters. As a result, you will receive communications from us on the following: Discipline, enforcement, renewal (dues payment, professional Development requirements, etc.), elections to the Board of Directors, Annual General Meeting information and registration, regulatory amendments (such as changes to the Act, Regulations, Guidelines and Bylaws), declaration of new members and other information as applicable. This information will largely be delivered by individual emails and dispersed in our regulatory publication illuminate.
PEGNL also sends out a regular Member Announcements that includes information on professional development offerings, events, volunteer opportunities, publications, careers and other information that our members may find interesting or useful that aren’t directly related to the regulation of the professions. If you would like to subscribe to these emails please check the box below:
PEGNL Members are eligible for several special programs and benefits from third-party suppliers (such as vehicle, home, & health insurance discounts). On occasion, PEGNL will supply limited contact information to these third-parties from members who have consented to release of same. If you would like to receive information on these promotions as they arise, please complete the Consent Release Information section below. Otherwise, please leave blank.
By signing this form you hereby consent and agree that entering your information through use of your key pad, mouse or device constitutes your
signature, acceptance and agreement as if actually signed by you in writing and has the same force and effect as a signature affixed by hand. Further, you agree that the lack of certification authority or other third party verification will not in any way affect the validity or enforceability of your signature or any resulting contract. Please ensure that you have reviewed the application before applying your electronic signature.
Section 12 of the Engineers and Geoscientists Act, 2008 requires that anyone who proposes to offer or provide professional services to the public must hold a valid permit to provide those services. The “public” includes all natural and legal entities external to your employer.
If your employer provides your services to anyone outside your organization, either you or your employer also require a Permit to Practice in Newfoundland and Labrador.
(Note: you may still be contacted by PEGNL to determine if a Permit is required)
NOTE: You must supply a copy of a government-issued photo identification (passport, driver’s license, permanent residency card, etc.). The ID must be in English or be accompanied by a certified translation.
Please also ensure you have completed all sections of this form.
By signing this form you hereby consent and agree that entering your information through use of your key pad, mouse or device constitutes your signature, acceptance and agreement as if actually signed by you in writing and has the same force and effect as a signature affixed by hand. Further, you agree that the lack of certification authority or other third party verification will not in any way affect the validity or enforceability of your signature or any resulting contract. Please ensure that you have reviewed the application for accuracy and completeness before applying your electronic signature.
(1) Transfer applicants are required to pay both the application fee and professional license holder fee at the time of application. If for some reason a transfer applicant is not approved for licensure with PEGNL, the annual fee will be refunded. The application fee is non-refundable.
(2) Instructions on how to order a stamp will be provided upon licensure. The cost of a stamp is available on the Fees Schedule page.
(3) Credit card information is not retained on file.