- Company: PEGNL Volunteer Opportunity
PEGNL is looking for experienced professionals to help us review the experience of those applying for licensure.
PEGNL uses the Competency Based Assessment framework to evaluate the experience requirements for licensure. As part of that process, volunteer professionals serve as Assessors and review applicants’ Competency Assessments to determine if they have adequately demonstrated the competencies.
By becoming a volunteer Assessor, you will help PEGNL complete an integral part of the registration process, ensuring the protection of the public in relation to engineering and geoscience in the province.
More information on the Competency Based Assessment framework is available HERE. This is a flexible, independent, online-based volunteer opportunity which you can complete on your own time. Online training is provided.
Assessors may claim the time they spend completing assessments as professional development (CPD) hours.
- Currently licensed with PEGNL as a P. Eng. or P. Geo.
- Has been licensed for at least 5 years (either with PEGNL or another Canadian jurisdiction)
- Assessors are asked to commit to reviewing up to 10 applications per year. Applications may take up to 2 hours each to complete.
- Assessors are given 2 weeks to complete an assigned assessment at their convenience. Assessments can also be declined if that timing is not suitable.
All disciplines and areas of expertise are welcome. PEGNL is currently looking for Assessors with experience in the following areas:
- Mining Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering