Notice to Applicants
• Requirements for registration are defined in PEGNL's Registration Policy.
• Submission of the online application form requires payment by credit card. If you are not able to pay by credit card, please contact the PEGNL office.
• Please complete ALL sections.
• Please ensure ALL necessary supporting documents are supplied to PEGNL in the required manner.
• Submission of application does not guarantee acceptance.
• Acceptance to the MIT program does not guarantee future licensure with PEGNL or any other regulatory body. Four years of acceptable engineering or geoscience experience is required for registration as a Professional Engineer or Professional Geoscientist.
PEGNL is required to send information to members in relation to regulatory matters. As a result, you will receive communications from us on the following: Discipline, enforcement, renewal (dues payment, professional Development requirements, etc.), elections to the Board of Directors, Annual General Meeting information and registration, regulatory amendments (such as changes to the Act, Regulations, Guidelines and Bylaws), declaration of new members and other information as applicable. This information will largely be delivered by individual emails and dispersed in our regulatory publication illuminate.
PEGNL also sends out a regular Member Announcements that includes information on professional development offerings, events, volunteer opportunities, publications, careers and other information that our members may find interesting or useful that aren’t directly related to the regulation of the professions. If you would like to subscribe to these emails please check the box below:
PEGNL Members are eligible for several special programs and benefits from third-party suppliers (such as vehicle, home, & health insurance discounts). On occasion, PEGNL will supply limited contact information to these third-parties from members who have consented to release of same. If you would like to receive information on these promotions as they arise, please complete the Consent Release Information section below. Otherwise, please leave blank.
By signing this form you hereby consent and agree that entering your information through use of your key pad, mouse or device constitutes your signature, acceptance and agreement as if actually signed by you in writing and has the same force and effect as a signature affixed by hand. Further, you agree that the lack of certification authority or other third party verification will not in any way affect the validity or enforceability of your signature or any resulting contract. Please ensure that you have reviewed the application before applying your electronic signature.
NOTE: You must arrange to have your university mail (or send electronic versions) official copies of their complete set of academic transcripts DIRECTLY to PEGNL. A WES (World Education Services) report sent DIRECTLY to PEGNL is also acceptable. If neither of these methods is possible, the applicant is required to obtain a Certified True Copy of their transcripts, notarized by a Canadian Notary Public or a Commissioner for Oaths.
In addition to this application, all those applying to be professional members with PEGNL are required to complete a full experience review using the Competency Based Assessment framework. This review acts as part of the determination for an applicant’s suitability for licensure. While you are not required to complete this process to become an MIT, you will need to do so when applying to become licensed as a professional engineer or professional geoscientist. If accepted as an MIT, we encourage you to visit the CBA website to begin this process in advance of applying to be a professional member.
NOTE: You must supply a copy of a government-issued photo identification (passport, driver’s license, permanent residency card, etc.). The ID must be in English or be accompanied by a certified translation.
Please also ensure you have completed all sections of this form.
(1) Applicants need to arrange for their transcripts/diplomas to be sent to PEGNL directly from the educational institution(s).
(2) All those applying to become a Geoscientist-in-Training who graduated from an educational institution outside of Newfoundland & Labrador will
also need to provide copies of their bachelor program syllabi.
By signing this form you hereby consent and agree that entering your information through use of your key pad, mouse or device constitutes your signature, acceptance and agreement as if actually signed by you in writing and has the same force and effect as a signature affixed by hand. Further, you agree that the lack of certification authority or other third party verification will not in any way affect the validity or enforceability of your signature or any resulting contract. Please ensure that you have reviewed the application for accuracy and completeness before applying your electronic signature.
Section 12 of the Engineers and Geoscientists Act, 2008 requires that anyone who proposes to offer or provide professional services to the public must hold a valid permit to provide those services. The “public” includes all natural and legal entities external to your employer.
If your employer provides your services to anyone outside your organization, either you or your employer also require a Permit to Practice. Please contact our office for further information or complete the Permit application at: https://pegnl.ca/LicensingRegistration/ApplicationForms.php
(1) The Application Fee is waived for applicants who have graduated in the past 12 months. For all other applicants, this fee is required and is non-refundable.
(2) Applicants will be required to pay the annual fee if and when their application is approved. Applicants who have graduated in the past 12 months will have this fee waived for this year only.
(3) Credit card information is not retained on file.